6th Grade Science Camp at Catalina Island Marine Institute (CIMI) is scheduled for June 5 - 7, 2013!
Important Preparation Dates - 2013
- CIMI Reservation & Deposit: Friday, March 15 to Julie Bassine in Main Office - See Parent Letter
- CIMI Trip Fundraiser Starts: Monday, March 25
- CIMI Trip Fundraiser Ends: Wednesday, April 10
- Final payment due: Wednesday, May 1
- Parent Meeting: Tuesday, May 14 at 6pm in Adams Gym
Who is eligible to participate in CIMI?
Sixth Graders are eligible to participate in CIMI. Eligibility is based on grades, behavior, and attendance. If your student does not earn a min. of 2.0 GPA at the end of the third quarter progress report card or has had any discipline incidents they will not be allowed to attend CIMI.
Space is limited, so reservation are accepted on a first-come basis. A parent letter is sent home usually in February with a tear-off section indicating interest. Filling out this form and returning it to the Adams Office by March 15 with a deposit of $40 holds a spot for your child.
How much does CIMI Cost?
The cost to attend CIMI is $260 per student. (The cost varies by year, so please refer to the Parent Letter for the exact cost.) There will be a fundraising opportunity for those who either need financial assistance or prefer their students to "earn" their way to camp.