Adams Middle School believes recreational sport activities are a desirable part of a student’s educational program. The purpose of the intermural program is to provide fun, safe and structured play experiences that promote the physical, mental and social development of every child. Our aim is to provide opportunities for every individual, regardless of ability, to participate in a sport activity that will develop skill and interest in a friendly, recreation-centered environment.
Goals and Objectives
- Provide a meaningful, purposeful experience for every student regardless of ability, inability or disability.
- Provide an opportunity to improve health through exercise.
- Provide character-building growth and development opportunities through active recreation and structured classroom instruction.
- Provide an opportunity to develop motor skills that will be beneficial throughout life.
- Provide experiences that assist in the construction of a positive self-esteem.
- Provide a clean and safe atmosphere.
- Provide an opportunity to develop sportsmanship and honesty regarding rules, officials and opponents.
- Provide activities that promote lifelong wellness.
- Have fun!
Each quarter grades will be checked to for eligibility purposes. All students currently enrolled at Adams Middle School may participate in the intermural program if they meet the following criteria:
- Players must possess a 2.0 or higher G.P.A.
- Students should not have more than one Fail or Unsatisfactory Mark.
- Students should not have more than one D or Needs Improvement Mark.
- Teams may not play ineligible players.
- The Athletic Coach, Intermural Director, or Administrative Staff members may declare any student ineligible for unsportsmanlike conduct.