The Parent’s Pledge
I understand the importance of my participation in my child’s educational progress.
AS A PARENT, I WILL:
- Attend school events, meetings and conferences.
- Listen to or read with my child regularly.
- Provide a quiet place and materials needed for my child to study.
- Encourage my child to complete his/her homework.
- Check the parent/student grade portal and school website www.adamsmiddle.org regularly.
- Make sure my child gets an adequate night’s sleep and a healthy diet.
- Have my child attend school regularly and on time. Clear absences within 5 days by sending a note or calling the front office.
The Student’s Pledge
I understand that education is important to me, and I am responsible for my own success.
AS A STUDENT, I WILL:
- Arrive to school on time and be prepared to do my best.
- Follow all school and classroom rules.
- Return all homework completed and on time.
- Find out what I missed if I am absent.
- Check my grades on the student grade portal weekly and ask my teachers how I can improve.
- Spend time at home reading and studying.
- Respect other students and the staff members.
The Teacher’s Pledge
I understand that education is important to every student’s life.
AS A TEACHER, I WILL:
- Provide a variety of teaching strategies that help all students learn.
- Teach grade level standards and skills and address the individual needs and of all students.
- Assign appropriate homework with clear instructions.
- Correct and return appropriate work in a timely manner.
- Keep my IC gradebook and webpage updated biweekly.
- Help students follow the school and classroom rules.
- Assist parents with how to help their student at home.