Welcome to the 2012 - 2013 School Year
We are looking forward to an exciting year. To facilitate the beginning of the school year, please read the Registration Letter and follow the instructions.
*** Don't Forget ***
A Tdap booster shot is required for the 2012-2013 school year for all incoming 7th and 8th graders. Please bring a record of this booster shot along with a copy to Registration if you have not already given a copy to the school.”
Registration Dates for 2012-2013 School Year
Registration occurs throughout the year as new students move into the RBUSD, but the big push is a few weeks prior to school starting. To facilitate the beginning of the year, all returning and new students (registered by June 29, 2012) will register by grade level:
- Tuesday, August 14th: 6th Grade - 8am to 11am and 12:30pm to 3:30pm
- Wednesday, August 15th: 7th Grade - 9am to 1pm
- Thursday, August 16th: 8th Grade - 9am to 1pm
- Wednesday, August 22: Make-ups - 1pm to 6pm
- Friday, August 24: Camp Adams - 8am to 12:30pm (for all students new to Adams)
To assist us in a smooth registration process, please consider the following when arriving to register:
- Attend the appropriate registration session for your child and plan for 1½ hours.
- Make sure you have turned in proof of the TDAP (whooping cough) immunization record. Lack of proof will result in no student schedule or books.
- PLEASE HAVE ALL FORMS PRINTED, COMPLETED AND SIGNED BEFORE ARRIVING FOR REGISTRATION.
- Any outstanding fines and/or charges must be paid at that time. Student schedules will not be issued until the forms are returned and fines paid.
- ALL students will purchase:
- agenda book is $6. This book contains our academic schedule for the year. It is consistently used by all teachers to communicate assignments and other important school information to parents.
- physical education clothes and PE locks. The fee is $22 for clothes and $5 for locks (locks must be purchased from the school per the fire department).
- other items are optional and can be found on the Registration Purchase Form
- School Pictures will be taken at registration. Students should dress accordingly. This picture will be used for the yearbook and Student ID Card.
- A guided campus tour is available during Camp Adams in August. See the Camp Adams page for more details.
If you are unable to participate in registration, all documents should be turned in directly to the Main Office on the first day of school. Your child will receive his/her schedule at that time. They will be able to pick up their books at the end of the day and purchase PE or other items in the Main Office. Make-up Picture Day is Monday, October 1, during PE classes.
ALL STUDENTS SHOULD REPORT TO THE CAFETERIA ON THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL TO PICK UP THEIR FINAL CLASS SCHEDULE.
We encourage parents to accompany their children to registration. If a parent is not available, the student may come alone or with another adult, but please make sure he/she has all appropriate paperwork and monies to complete the registration process.