Welcome to Adams Middle School, home of the Adams Eagles! Our school provides a rigorous education for our students, which prepares them to be successful at Redondo Union High School and beyond. Our amazing student body are hard-working, high-achieving and enjoy being connected to their school by exploring their interests in sports, music, drama, clubs, foreign languages, conservation, and student government, to name a few. Adams Middle School participates in a block schedule, mirroring that of Redondo Union High School, in order to maximize instructional time and prepare students for their future transition to RUHS.
Please see below some Adams Facts:
- Currently there are 1,000+ sixth through eighth grade students enrolled in Adams.
- We are committed to meeting the needs of the "whole child."
- Our middle school transition program "Where Everybody Belongs" (WEB) is in its fourth year of implementation. WEB has assisted us in further developing a positive school climate.
- Our Associate Student Body (ASB) promotes leadership and school spirit.
- We offer overnight science camps for all three grade levels to further enrich our students’ learning experience at Adams.
- We offer elective classes for students to pursue their interests such as drama, media technology, speech and communications, contemporary issues, creative writing, art, and yearbook.
- Students have the opportunity to play in our comprehensive intermural program which has sports such as co-ed flag football, soccer, volleyball, basketball and softball.
- Our after-school GATE enrichment program gives students a one-of-a-kind learning opportunity.
- Adams has two highly trained school counselors, an at-risk counselor, and an EL counselor to help our students with their academic, social and emotional needs during their three years of middle school.
- The Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID) class is offered as a year long elective at 6th, 7th, and 8th grades. It is also part of the elective wheel for 6th and 7th graders and teaches students vital study skills habits, promotes college awareness, and sets a foundation for success in high school and beyond.
- Project Lead The Way (PLTW) is offered as a semester-long elective for 7th and 8th graders. Intro to Engineering is part of the elective wheel for 6th graders.
- Adams has one English Language Learner Advisor to support the continuous growth of our EL learners.
- We have Infinite Campus Parent Portal so you can see your child’s attendance and assignment grades in real time. Familiarize yourself with it!
- Our sixth grade students are placed on a small team of two teachers. One will teach math and science while the other will teach social studies and language arts, further supporting their transition from elementary school to middle school.
- We have multiple band and music opportunities for students to explore: jazz band, concert band, wind ensemble, symphonic band, and vocal music.
- We have a new performing arts stage and outdoor amphitheater for performances.
- We have a foreign language department that offers Spanish 1 & 2 and now includes Chinese 1.
- Through the use of Chromebooks, our teachers incorporate technology in their instruction at the highest levels to further engage our students as 21st Century learners.
- Numerous student-led clubs are available to students allowing them to explore non-academic interests.
The above information is a small sampling of what Adams Middle School offers its students! To learn more information about our outstanding school, please visit our school or call (310)798-8636.