Summer Reading Expectations
Over the summer, we strongly encourage students to read on a daily basis. Below are recommended titles by grade level, and we ask students to choose a minimum of two books from the list for their incoming grade that they have not already read. Additionally, students are asked to complete a book report project on one of the books. This assignment is due Friday, September 2nd. Projects turned in after this deadline will not be accepted nor will credit be given.
Final Book Report Options:
• Write a new ending and share it with your family over dinner along with a plot summary
• Write a critique which could responds to any of the following questions:
1. Choose and cite an important passage from the book and reflect on its meaning and connection to the story’s theme.
2. Discuss the behavior of one of the characters and provide textual support from the book.
3. Discuss why you would or would not recommend this book.
• Write a diary from any character’s point of view in the story
• Create a cartoon or a travel brochure that depicts the basic elements of plot (basic situation, conflict, rising action, climax, resolution)
Click HERE for Adams 2016-2017 Summer Reading List