Period 5 Science
1. Finish Newsela "Poop Pill" Article
1. Study for your Vocabulary Test:
1. Study for your Vocabulary Test - Do the Quizziz 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, and 2.1 again or study all of your Frame Games - Test on Friday, 11/2/18
2. Complete the Video Activities - Make sure to do the notes and summary for all five videos inside Edpuzzle. (Ok to do in your notebook or in a Google Document).
3. Optional: Newsela Poop Pill Close Read Activity.
1. Study for your upcoming quiz by doing Quizziz 1.1-2.1 multiple times (until you get 100% twice in a row). Test on Friday, 11/2.
2. Finish your 3 Video Activities in Edpuzzle-2 from last night and 1 from today. Notes and summary.
3. Revise the On the Fly Activity in Google Classroom.
4. Optional: Do the other video activities if you want too.
1. Instead of finding videos to watch, I've assigned a couple for you.
2. Do the two video activities attached to the Google Classroom Homework assignment for today. The directions are located inside each document.
3. If you don't want to type your notes and summary in the attached document, it is okay for you to write the 1/2 page notes and the 1 paragraph summary inside your Science Spiral Notebook.
4. Answer the questions about Patient 23's Pie Chart for weeks 1 and 3. The questions are located inside Google Classroom.
5. TURN IN THE DOCUMENTS WHEN YOU FINISH!
1. Do the Quizziz 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, and 2.1 Again (4th time 100%)
2. Reread the Human Microbiome Article from class
Everything Due on Wednesday, 10/25/18
1. Do the Quizziz 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, and 2.1 (all in one game) assigned in Google Classroom. Remember to get 100% three times if you haven't already
2. Finish the "Fast Finishers Microorganism Web Activity" located in Google Classroom that you started in class today (all the boxes must be completed)
3. Finish your Close Read of the "Human Microbiome" Article.
1. Finish the Microorganism Interactive Web Activity.
2. Finish the Frame Game 2.1
3. Optional: Do the Quizziz 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, and 2.1 game in Google Classroom - 100% three times.
1.Optional: Work on the Microorganism Interactive Website Activity, we will work on this in class on Wednesday.
1. Study your vocabulary for Monday's Test 10/15/18
1. Finish workbook pages 16, 18 and 22 from class today.
2. On page 22 make sure to write at least 6-10 sentences to answer the question on the page, make sure to include each of the words on the list is included in your answer.
3. Redo Quizziz for 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3 - get 100% one more time for each game.
1. Finish the Quizziz 1.1 and 1.2 (2 times 100% if not done in class today do it for homework)
2. Finish Quizziz 1.3 (2 times 100%, if not done in class today do it for homework)
3. Frame Game 1.3 (if you didn't color your drawings or finish the worksheet in class do it)
4. Read the Cell Article in Amplify, Chp 1.2 Tab 5 "HOMEWORK"
- Remember to close read it by highlighting the answers to the questions on page 16 in the article
- Remember to annotate the article by typing in a summary of what you highlighted
6. Finish workbook page 15 if you didn't in class today
7. Vocabulary Quiz on Monday, 10/15/18 (study your words)
2. Finish the Quizziz 1.1 and 1.2 Vocabulary Game (remember you need 100% two times for full credit) due at 8:00 pm tonight.
3. Finish your Supersized Microorganism Drawing
- Remember to write a description of the function or purpose of your microorganism.
- Remember to make sure to color your drawing completely.
1. Go into Amplified Chap 1.2 online, watch the video called, "How Small is a Cell" and answer the following three questions:
-What surprised your about scale of cells?
-What did you know that was confirmed by the video?
- What else did you find interesting in the video? (write everything that interested you)
2. Go into Google Classroom and play the Quizziz Game for Chapter 1.1 and 1.2 Vocabulary. Try to get 100% two times in a row. You can play the game multiple times.
1. Finish the Vocabulary Worksheet from class
a. Use either the Glossary inside Amplified in Chapter 1 Lesson 1 (see the link on the right hand side) for the definitions, or use Google Search to find the definitions to the words on the sheet.
b. For "Student Definition" - Write the definition in your own words.
c. For Pronunciation you must go into Google Search and type, "Pronunciation of Microorganism" or what ever the word is to find the proper way to write the pronunciation of the word.
d. Draw a picture to help you remember the word (color it).
2. If you didn't finish your Cell City Activity, finish it and turn it in on Monday, 10/1/18.
1. Finish your final draft of the Cell City Activity.
2. Remember to place the proper title on the top of your page with your name.
3. Finish taking notes about the Introduction Video in Amplified it is called "Video Campaign", you need at least half a page of notes about the video.
4. If you haven't finish gluing the papers into your Science Spiral Notebook, make sure to finish that also, the blue check off sheet will tell you what order to glue in the pages.
1. Finish the sketch of your Rough Draft drawing of the Cell City Activity.
2. Optional: Go ahead and start the Final Draft of the Cell City on the Large paper you got from me in class if you feel that you are ready. It will be due at the end of class on Wednesday, 9/26/18.
3. Print out your Cell City Activity 1 Chart you completed for homework last night. Bring it to class on Wednesday, 9/26/18.
1. Finish the Cell Activity 1 Chart in Google Classroom.
No School/No Homework
1. Finish your Bacteria Worksheet.
2. Either do the Animal Cell or the Plant Cell Worksheet (You don't have to do both, unless you want to do them both.) All due on Friday, 9/21/18
1. Syllabus signed and returned on Friday, 9/7/18
2. Get your supplies, (see the syllabus) due Wednesday, 9/12/18
3. Finish your Perseverance Walk due on Friday, 9/7/18 ( You may have a few minutes at the beginning of class to proofread your work)