March 31, 2021
Dear Adams Students & Families:
We hope you are all doing well. Our teachers and staff have very much enjoyed welcoming our students back to campus this week. It’s been wonderful seeing students connect in person with both staff and peers. They have also done an excellent job of following health and safety protocols: health screening process, wearing masks, keeping physical distance, washing/sanitizing hands, and following teacher directions in our classrooms. We appreciate you, students!
I apologize in advance for the length of this notice, but please do take the time to read it in its entirety as it explains schedule changes and updated information for students after Spring Break.
If you haven’t already, please review Dr. Keller’s letter from 3/30/21. We wanted to take time to give you some updates based on the latest guidelines for K-12 schools from the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health. The LACDPH has formally embraced the Centers for Disease Control and the California Department of Public Health’s 3-feet physical distancing guidance for TK-12 classroom instruction. In short, students must be at least 3-feet apart in the academic classroom setting, while the teacher or staff member must maintain at least 6-feet of distance from students and fellow staff members. With this new guidance, we are thrilled to be able to maximize instructional time on campus under current LACDPH guidelines. Specifically, beginning April 26, students in who are enrolled in the in-person hybrid program will increase their on campus days from two to four days a week under the hybrid bell schedule (dismissing at 12:35 p.m.). In short, beginning April 26, there are no cohorts.
Students who opted to not return to campus and participate in distance learning will remain in the off-campus learning cohort until the end of the school year. However, as mentioned previously, if a student/family desires to return to on-campus learning prior to the end of the year, please contact Mr. Estrada (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least one week ahead of time. Teachers will do their best to provide synchronous and asynchronous learning opportunities to students learning from home. There may be times when the teacher asks students to work independently and the students, on Zoom, are not getting as much attention while they complete individual activities and assignments.
The A/B cohort model will be in place for two weeks (April 13th-April 23rd). After April 26th, separate A and B cohorts will no longer exist. Another important note, students currently attending Adams in person two days a week, and then continuing on with four days a week learning, are expected to be on campus for attendance on their assigned days. Similar to past school years, please follow our attendance policy: California Education Code states that a student may be excused from school for the following reasons only: illness/medical or dental appointment (Documentation needed from Dr.’s office is required to excuse an absence), bereavement, religion, or court appearance.
Additionally, please continue to answer the health screening questions daily at home. If any of the questions are answered with a “Yes”, please do not send your child to school.
As we approach spring break, here are some friendly updates and reminders for our schedules (and expectations) for when we return to campus in the final quarter of our 2020-21 school year. Please be sure to review everything in detail and pay particular attention to cohort and bell schedule information.
Our updated bell schedules are at the end of this message. Please read over them carefully as changes have been made to the in-person cohort days. All information will also be available on the Adams website at www.adamsmiddle.org.
Important Upcoming Dates to Note:
Spring Break - Friday, April 2nd - Sunday, April 11th (please follow LACDPH travel and quarantine guidelines)
- Monday, April 12th - School Resumes, Hybrid Learning Schedule begins. Distance Learning, Periods 1-6. (No 0 & 7)
- Tuesday, April 13th –Cohort A in periods 0,2,4,6, & 7.
- Wednesday, April 14th - Cohort A in periods 0,1,3,5, & 7.
- Thursday, April 15th - Cohort B in periods 0,2,4,6, & 7.
- Friday, April 16th - Cohort B in periods 0,1,3,5, & 7.
- Week of April 19th – April 23: Same as schedule above with Cohorts A/B.
- Monday, April 26th – All students 6th – 8th on campus, no cohorts. Periods 0,2,4,6 & 7. (Note: Due to S.A.T. testing, all secondary schools will have a modified schedule this week where Monday will be a Period 2/4/6 day and Tuesday will be a Distance Learning Day).
- Tuesday, April 27th – Distance Learning Stacked Day (Periods 1-6)
- Wednesday, April 28th – All students 6th – 8th on campus, no cohorts. Periods 0,1,3, 5 & 7.
Finally, please be sure to detach, relax, and rejuvenate during spring break. Let’s all be mindful of our physical, mental, social, and emotional wellbeing over the coming days and weeks, Eagles. We’ve made it this far together; with patience, positivity, and care.
We again appreciate your patience as our staff, teachers, and students adjust to our new hybrid schedule and learning model. We know there will be bumps in the road and changes along the way. As always, your flexibility and support means the world to us.
Stay well. We appreciate all of you.
- 6th Grade Return Information Notice.pdf
- Student Screening Questions .pdf
- Parent Information Letter (Logistics) 3.25.21.pdf
- Adams Parent Message 3-31.pdf
- AMS - FAQ's Regarding Reopening (2).pdf
- Adams MS Hybrid Learning Schedule - Student View April 12 - 23.pdf
- Adams MS Hybrid Learning Schedule - Student View Week of April 26 ONLY.pdf
- Adams MS Hybrid Learning Schedule - Student View May 3- June 10.pdf