The PEER Program strives to make Adams Middle School a safe and accepting environment for all students by training and empowering PEERS as leaders to educate others, resolve peer conflicts, and serve as positive role models.
Adams PEER Program operates under the philosophy that everyone has something valuable to offer and that students can serve as resources for one another. At the heart of the philosophy is the belief that students can be empowered to act as advocates and educators for their peers.
Adapted from San Francisco Peer Resource Program
III. Goals and Objectives:
- Highlight the importance and influence of peer relationships
- Provide opportunity for youth to help their peers and promote positive decision making
- Encourage collaboration and effective conflict resolution skills
- Advocate for acceptance and respect for diversity
- Promote academic achievement
- Reduce alcohol and drug use among youth