School Site Council
Role of School Site Council
What is a School Site Council?
The Adams School Site Council (SSC) is comprised of 6 parents and 6 school staff members. The basic premise for the structure of this council is that the individuals closest to the students should be involved in helping to make decisions that affect the instructional program of the school. It is the responsibility of the SSC to develop a school plan that is responsive to the needs of the students, allocate resources within the school to support this plan, and annually review and update the plan and budget to meet the changing needs and priorities within the school. Membership on this council is for two years.
Education Code Section 52852 (formerly 52012) specifies that a school improvement plan shall be developed by a school site council (SSC). The law says, “The SSC shall be composed of the principal; representatives of teachers selected by teachers at the school; other school personnel selected by peers at the school; parents of pupils attending the school selected by such parents; and, in secondary schools, pupils selected by pupils attending the school.”
Middle grades SSC composition falls under the rules for secondary schools. For the first time students are included in the SSC.
Your Adams School Site Council Team for the 2021-2022School Year:
- Tanaz Bruna – Principal
- Trang Nguyen – Certificated
- Kelly Eagan – Certificated
- Adam Young – Certificated
- Lourdes Kidwai – Classified
- Janette Barbosa – Parent
- Monica CdeBaca – Parent
- Timilie Losq– Parent
- Andres Fujiwara – Parent
- Jen Lowery – Parent
- Georgia Demos – Parent
The California Education Code states the school site council should:
- Measure effectiveness of improvement strategies at the school.
- Seek input from school advisory committees.
- Reaffirm or revise school goals.
- Revise improvement strategies and expenditures.
- Recommend the approved Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA) to the governing board.
- Monitor implementation of the SPSA
Click below to see 2021-22 School Plan for Student Achievement: